Celestial Dragon Duel Academy
This is Celestial Dragon Duel Academy. Join us and you will never regret it.
This is Celestial Dragon Duel Academy. Join us and you will never regret it.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is Celestial Duel Academy.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Staff Member of the Month
Hero
Clock
Top posters
Hero
Hero`s word filters Vote_lcap2Hero`s word filters Voting_bar2Hero`s word filters Vote_rcap2 
(Emperor)Muh1
Hero`s word filters Vote_lcap2Hero`s word filters Voting_bar2Hero`s word filters Vote_rcap2 
Goosey
Aang
Sasukat
dark sage96
Lelou1524
Luke
C.C.
King

Hero`s word filters

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Sasukat

Sasukat

Hero`s word filters Empty
PostSubject: Hero`s word filters   Hero`s word filters EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 2:44 am

I`d like to propose getting rid of these. They are kinda annoying and i know i`m not the only one who thinks so. If anyone is uninformed, it`s stuff like B!tch become A Beautiful Female Dog, but even stuff like gai becoming Genuinly Average Yellow
Back to top Go down
Goosey

Goosey

PostSubject: Re: Hero`s word filters   Hero`s word filters EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 2:45 am

yea i agree lol
Back to top Go down
Sasukat

Sasukat

PostSubject: Re: Hero`s word filters   Hero`s word filters EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 2:50 am

This Pickles is Genuinly Average Yellow, I mean what the Cookies man why the Cookies would you even be such an Arm to think this fucking Pickles is a good idea, suck a Flying carpet A Beautiful Female Dog

(I don't really mean this, but I wanted to prove a point with word filters
Back to top Go down
(Emperor)Muh1

(Emperor)Muh1

PostSubject: Re: Hero`s word filters   Hero`s word filters EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 12:39 pm

nah they should stay i rather enjoy it Smile

Back to top Go down
Hero
Administrator
Hero

PostSubject: Re: Hero`s word filters   Hero`s word filters EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 2:21 pm

I just started with the 5-8 main words so people don't abuse them but then C.C.took over. They get funnier but more random. So yeah...Its not all me Razz It was a mix of me, Aang, and C.C.

Also you gotta admit they make rude stuff not rude but funny

Last edited by Hero on Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:17 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Goosey

Goosey

PostSubject: Re: Hero`s word filters   Hero`s word filters EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 3:12 pm

hero no one likes it trust me if you made a pole most of the votes would be they dont like it
Back to top Go down
(Emperor)Muh1

(Emperor)Muh1

PostSubject: Re: Hero`s word filters   Hero`s word filters EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 3:49 pm

goosey lots of ppsl like it it aint a problem if u know how to be creative with ur swears Smile
Back to top Go down
Sasukat

Sasukat

PostSubject: Re: Hero`s word filters   Hero`s word filters EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 5:46 pm

Actually, I think everyone else disliked it. And what you're proposing is basically that people be creative to get around filters, which if it's not allowed is breaking the rules, and if it is allowed it completely defeats the point of having word filters
Back to top Go down
Goosey

Goosey

PostSubject: Re: Hero`s word filters   Hero`s word filters EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 5:52 pm

we should have a poll or something
Back to top Go down
(Emperor)Muh1

(Emperor)Muh1

PostSubject: Re: Hero`s word filters   Hero`s word filters EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 6:34 pm

dude if the main admins agreed on it there word stands above any poll
Back to top Go down
Hero
Administrator
Hero

PostSubject: Re: Hero`s word filters   Hero`s word filters EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 7:21 pm

Alright firstly its not all me so please stop saying "Hero" only it was a mix of 3 admins
And also its funny, don't see the problem that much.
And lastly you shouldn't be swearing that much here anyway so if anything its a good reminder to not to use that word.
And finally if its really that much of a problem someone make a poll, if majority says dislike then we would have to change it
Back to top Go down
C.C.
Forum Supervisor
Forum Supervisor
C.C.

PostSubject: Re: Hero`s word filters   Hero`s word filters EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 1:00 am

Hero makes a very good point. The very fact that we put these up is to prevent you from swearing. If you don't swear in the first place, there is not gonna be an issue. So it's not the fact that the Admins are at fault, it's the members wanting to swear, when it's clearly a rule not to.

Aside from that, like Hero pointed out a couple times, Aang just asked me a possible one, and I kept on giving him examples for everything he came up with. Most of these choices are mine and Aang's, not Hero's. So on that point, you can go blame me, if you want to hate someone.

And on the field of not liking. If we did everything the way the members always wanted it. Then we'd not need staff. We'd run around, everyone being Admin, with total anarchy. Which is why there's staff. If the majority of the site indeed doesn't like it, then we can change them into ***** or something of the likes, instead of the fun comments. But the censoring is staying, 2 Admins and me agreed on this already.
Back to top Go down
Sasukat

Sasukat

PostSubject: Re: Hero`s word filters   Hero`s word filters EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 2:24 am

Really? Cens.r is a swear word now? Sens.r is too? And ga'/? well I'm glad I'm learning a lesson today. See, I can see why there'd be some filters. I definitely don't agree, and it seems like almost every other user does too. To just go behind everyone's back and do this, and when EVERYONE (Except muh) complains about it, say it won't change. Honestly it gives me low hope for this academy. If the admins are just going to control everything like a monarchy, and make idiotic changes, it's really quite bad. And you say it's "Clearly a rule"? Well now you're just making stuff up. I even asked the head admins, and they had said it wasn't against the rules to swear. I normally wouldn't go against something this much, but it's SUCH a bad idea. I know at least one new user has come into the chat, saw all the filters, and left. It's such a bad idea you're driving away members, and making lots of them unhappy. To further back up my point, as of right now the poll is 4 people who want the filters gone, and 0. Count them, zero. Who wanted to keep them
Back to top Go down
(Emperor)Muh1

(Emperor)Muh1

PostSubject: Re: Hero`s word filters   Hero`s word filters EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 3:12 am

oh no 4 out of 114 people said no a majority vote requires atleast a third of members
secondly admins have every right to make rules noone has to like the rules just follow them
thirdly admins making rules is proper if they didnt who would the members HA! half of u r insane
lastly did any of u swear so much on a childrens card game forum that having these filters affect u
Back to top Go down
C.C.
Forum Supervisor
Forum Supervisor
C.C.

PostSubject: Re: Hero`s word filters   Hero`s word filters EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 12:54 pm

And then, you might want to consider that we are not the only ones who are making rules. Forumotion has rules of themselves. Remember that agreement? When you first registered?
Back to top Go down
Sasukat

Sasukat

PostSubject: Re: Hero`s word filters   Hero`s word filters EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 1:44 pm

Yeah, I even decided to give the rules a read

The moderators of this forum will try hard to edit or remove reprehensible messages as soon as possible. However, it is impossible for them to review all the messages. You thus admit that all the messages posted on this forum express the sight and opinion of their respective authors and not those of the moderators or the Webmaster (except messages posted by them) and consequently, they cannot be held responsible of the discussions.

This forum uses cookies to store information on your computer. These cookies will not contain any personal information; they are only used to improve comfort while browsing. The address e-mail is only used in order to confirm the details of your registration as your password (and also to send you back your password if you forget it).

- Aggressive or slanderous messages, as well as personal insults and critics, the coarseness and vulgarities, and more generally any message contravening the French laws are prohibited.
- Messages who promote - or evoke - illegal practices are prohibited.
- If you post informations which come from another site
, look first if the site in question doesn't forbid it. Show the address of the site in question in order to respect the work of their administrators!
- Please post your messages only once. The repetitions are unpleasant and useless!
- Please make an effort on grammar and spelling. SMS-style language (ex: r u sk8ing?) is not advised!

Any message contravening the listing above will be edited or removed without additional notice or justification within deadlines which will depend on the availability of the moderators. Any abuse will involve the cancellation of the registration. Internet is neither an anonymous space, nor a space of no-right! We reserve ourselves the possibility of informing your access provider and/or the legal authorities of any malevolent behavior. An IP address of each poster is recorded in order to help us to make you respect these conditions.

Here I posted these for you

Aggressive or slanderous messages, as well as personal insults and critics, the coarseness and vulgarities, and more generally any message contravening the French laws are prohibited.

Here I even made the only part at all about this separate for you. I don't think these are personal insults or critics (They are critics, just not personal ones).  Nor are they agressive or slanderous, or directed at any one person. I can understand taking action because someone starts cursing out another person, but otherwise it doesn't break any rules of the forum. And really muh? How many of those "114" members are actually active? There have litterally been 4 people who have been for it. But wait only 1 of those 4 voted in the poll, guess that's the only one who counts. And yeah man I'm an awful person, I use such bad, bad swear words as ga'/, censer, and senser. And yes, occasionally actual swear words, but not against the rules the head admins said.
Back to top Go down
C.C.
Forum Supervisor
Forum Supervisor
C.C.

PostSubject: Re: Hero`s word filters   Hero`s word filters EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 1:53 pm

Ok, I'm not even gonna bother reading that, this discussion ends here and now. I've put all censored words that make sense to *****, and the rest, like the actual word censor, has been unbanned. So there, there is no fun stuff anymore, and things are put simple now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hero`s word filters   Hero`s word filters Empty

Back to top Go down

Hero`s word filters
Page 1 of 1