Celestial Dragon Duel Academy
This is Celestial Dragon Duel Academy. Join us and you will never regret it.
This is Celestial Dragon Duel Academy. Join us and you will never regret it.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is Celestial Duel Academy.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Staff Member of the Month
Hero
Clock
Top posters
Hero
Tribal Tournament Vote_lcap2Tribal Tournament Voting_bar2Tribal Tournament Vote_rcap2 
(Emperor)Muh1
Tribal Tournament Vote_lcap2Tribal Tournament Voting_bar2Tribal Tournament Vote_rcap2 
Goosey
Aang
Sasukat
dark sage96
Lelou1524
Luke
C.C.
King

Tribal Tournament

Go down 
+4
Hero
King
(Emperor)Muh1
C.C.
8 posters
AuthorMessage
C.C.
Forum Supervisor
Forum Supervisor
C.C.

Tribal Tournament Empty
PostSubject: Tribal Tournament   Tribal Tournament EmptyMon Aug 26, 2013 4:00 pm

What for a Tournament?

Now, I never come with plain 8 Single Elimination. That's boring. I make the Tournaments worth while. As such, I'll expect you members to do the same in return.

So, what'll this Tournament make it different from the rest? Simple. This one is going to follow the Story Line of some Archetypes, that you may be familiar with. I'll post the background of each Archetype along, so you can pick one you like.

Now, since I'm Tournament Organizer, I make the rules, and all that. It would make me biased, obviously, if I were to join this. So, to keep things fair, I'll stay out of it, and let you people enjoy the game, and if everything goes properly, I'll be hoping you all enjoyed.

Rules

- No insulting, harassment, or aggressive behavior. I'm not sure how you all act to other people, but I'll tolerate none of this. End of story.

- If someone cannot duel, or is unable to, please post so here, and provide a screenshot. After 3 times, if the same person keeps saying he/she's unable to duel, I'll consider this dodging, and the person will suffer an automatic Matchloss.

- No rule sharking. I'm confident you all know what this means. If someone has a banned card in their Deck, or has a card that I banned for this Tournament, then yes, you can report this, but don't go and ruleshark about every little thing. Sometimes it happens, and people miss a thing.

- No stalling. I'm very simple in this. If someone away in a Duel, without notification, and takes longer then 5 minutes, you can take a screenshot of it, along with you trying to contact the other person [Duel Chat, PM] and post it here. It'll be counted as a loss for the person who was afk.

So how will this work?

Ok. Like previously stated, we'll give you something to work with. Which is, the Duel Terminal Tribes. Konami gave these tribes a background story, which makes them all connected. This will work in a very special way. We have a good amount of Tribes. These are the ones available:

- Gusto
- Laval
- Gishki
- Gem Knights
- Vylon
- Steelswarm
- Evilswarm

So, bottomline idea is simple. You pick one of the Tribes [Each can only be used once] and you build a Deck around it. And off course, there will be additional banned cards, such as Shooting Quasar Dragon and Evilswarm Ophion, since those are too strong in such a Tournament that's meant for fun. Also "hate cards" like Skill dragin, Soul Drain, Macro Cosmos/Dimensional Fissure will not be allowed, to maintain the fun factor in this Tournament. Cuz that's the point in this. The members having fun.

Now, I know there are without doubt going to be die hards, who will make the Vylon OTK, or Gem Knight OTK. Again, I want to remind you, please don't do this. I want this to be a Tournament where the Duels are fought hard for, not some onesided rape due to simple cards or simple OTK's. I'll add a banlist for banned cards as well.

Now what?

Well. real simple, actually. You register here, by dropping a post saying you do, and I'll add you to the list, accordingly with what Tribe you've chosen. We'll play according to the September 2013 Banlist, so keep that in mind. For those who haven't seen it yet, this is the one:
http://www.yugioh-card.com/en/limited/

So, you're to make a Deck, and then, after that, we'll start the Tournament. It's real simple. Everyone can just challenge someone, and those then can Duel. When you've defeated an opponent, you can add the cards [Archetype only] of their Deck, to yours. This means, you've conquered their Tribe, and therefore have their power now, too.

In the end, only 1 Tribe will be left who rules the rest, and that person will be the winner of the Tournament, and crowned "Leader of Duel Terminal".

Hope you'll all like this idea, and hope even more you'll join, into making this event work, and make it as much fun as I intend for it to be. So best of luck, all contestant! I'll keep track of the progress in another topic when it started, so best of luck to everyone!

Participants
- (Emperor)Muh1 / Vylon Tribe
- King / Gishki Tribe
- Hero / Gem-Knight Tribe
- Makeshiftduelist / Steelswarm
- Kyoya / Gusto

Banlist

- Shooting Quasar Dragon
- Rekindling
- Skill Drain
- Soul Drain
- Macro Cosmos
- Dimensional Fissure
- Superdreadnought Rail Cannon Gustav Max
- Steelswarm Roach
- Evilswarm Ophion
- Rescue Rabbit
- Tour Guide
- Vanity's Emptyness
- Shadow-Imprisoning Mirror
- Light-Imprisoning Mirror

Tribe Backgrounds

Gusto
A tribe that lives with the wind and worships the bountiful land they’ve lived on since ancient times. Against their various outside enemies they link their hearts together with and battle along animals that live around in order to protect their land through the generations. However, the Steelswarms started to take over the surface land. So, the Gustos united with the other clans to create a temporary union lead by Vylons. They obtained new powers to fight back the Steelswarms. Soon, the union finally defeated the invaders, but conflicts haven't lowered yet; the Vylons decided to stop the wars between clans — by exterminating them completely. Later, the Gusto teamed up once again with the other clans in order to cease the Vylon's actions.

After stopping the Vylons, the union between the tribes disbanded. At the time, Gusto tribes were in danger of being attacked by the Gishkis (with goals to claim all the Mist Valley's resources by themselves for their rituals). Fortunately, the Gem-Knights foresaw this, and they lend their powers to protect Gusto tribes from danger. After the lswarms appeared and threatened to destroy the world, the Gusto decided to join forces with Gem-Knights and Constellars to stop lswarms for good.

Laval
The Laval live in a lava zone that's surrounded by Fiery Woodlands. A tribe that's born for battling, all they want to do is fight. For that purpose, they attacked the Gem-Knight repeatedly to start a new conflict. However, the "Steelswarms" started to take over the surface land. So, the Lavals went to work with the other clans. Forming a temporary union with the Vylon, they obtained new powers to fight back the Steelswarms. Soon, the union finally defeated the invaders, but conflicts haven't lowered yet; the Vylons decided to stop fights between clans by exterminating them completely. Later, the Lavals teamed up with the other clans again in order to stop the Vylon's actions. They fused their powers to fight back this order.

After defeating the Vylons, the union disbanded, and the Lavals went working as a new power source for the rituals of the Gishki tribe. Since then, the current fate of Laval tribe is unknown.

Gishki
"Gishki" is an organization that wields the same power as the "Ice Barrier" but uses it for the “Aquamirror Meditation” in order to summon ancient and wicked monsters. In order to gain the bountiful resources of the Mist Valley marshlands, they begin to invade the "Gusto" territories. However, they are interrupted by the "Steelswarm", who intend to take over the surface land. The "Gishki" have no choice but to work with the other clans. With the "Vylon's" temporary assistance, they obtain new powers with which to resist the "Steelswarm". Although the invaders are defeated, other conflicts arise: the "Vylon" decide to exterminate the clans in order to prevent future wars. Out of options, the "Gishki" choose to team up with the other clans, once again, in order to cease the actions of the "Vylons". After the "Vylons" are beaten back, the unions between clans dissolve and the "Gishki" turn to the "Lavals" to power their rituals. Since materials continue to run scarce, they resume their original invasion of "Mist Valley", enacting a genocide of the "Gustos". Once again, their conquest of the Valley is interrupted, this time by the "lswarm" virus, which spreads rapidly across the Duel Terminal World. Even after resurrecting the three dragons of the "Ice Barrier" in order to combat the corrupted forces of the "lswarm", most of the "Gishki" tribe is unable to resist the disease and are themselves infected and recruited. Up against a proverbial wall, the Gishki, in a moment of desperation, revived the leader of the Steelswarm in a last-ditch effort.

Gem Knight
A group of warriors endowed with the power of minerals, the "Gem-Knights" value honor above all else and disapprove of battle for the sake of battle. At the provocation of the barbaric "Laval," however, they are forced to take up arms and protect the clans from their wanton destruction. However, the "Steelswarm" begin to invade the surface land, intending to take over. The Gem-Knights join up with the other clans in a temporary union spearheaded by the "Vylons". Along the way, they obtain new powers with which to resist the "Steelswarm." Although the "Steelswarm" are quickly dispatched, conflict is far from over. The "Vylons" decide to exterminate the clans in order to prevent future wars. The clans once more band together in order to halt the "Vylon," but it is the collaboration between the "Gem-Knights" and "Gishki" to whom credit for their eventual victory goes: "Gem-Knight Pearl" is the downfall of the "Vylon". After the "Vylons" are driven back, the alliances between clans once again dissolve. The "Gishki" immediately resume their invasion of "Mist Valley," which had been their main objective pre-"Steelswarm". In order to obtain resources from the Valley, the "Gishki" enact a genocide on the "Gusto". The Gem-Knights intervene to rescue the remaining "Gusto". When the "lswarm" virus begins to spread across the Duel Terminal world, the Gem-Knights join the "Gusto" in a prayer for the "Constellar," a legendary band of divine warriors, to aid them. The "Constellar" may not be strong enough to resist the "lswarm" army alone, as the "Gishki" clan falls to the virus. Knowing this, the "Gem-Knights" fuse into the most powerful Gem-Knight.

Vylon
In the story of the Duel Terminals, the Vylon are holy machine weapons created by the Constellar in The Ancient Era to oversee the seal they had placed upon the Steelswarm, and were designed to be impervious to the corruption of the Lswarm. As ages passed and the Constellar returned to the stars, the Vylon merely observed the confrontations that took place on the Surface World below. Even through the wars against the Worms and the Fableds and the resulting devastation caused by the Ice Barrier Dragons, they stayed silent.

Within the second generation of the Duel Terminals, the Vylon choose to appear during a conflict that breaks out between the Laval and Gem-Knight tribes, descending from the heavens amidst the fighting and forcing a temporary ceasefire between the warring clans. "Gishki Noellia", a former member of the Ice Barrier possessed by the madness of the Lswarm, revives the Steelswarm by launching an assault on the Gusto tribe in their homeland of the Mist Valley Marshlands, trying to gain control of a certain shrine. Feeding off the chaos of the fighting, the Steelswarm break free of their containment and ravage the Surface World, seeking revenge on those that had sealed them away long ago. The Vylon relay this turn of events to the Constellar before turning their attention to the battles ahead. The fated collision, that which they had been created for so long ago, awaited them.

To combat this powerful threat and common enemy, the four tribes of Gem-Knight, Laval, Gusto and Gishki create an alliance under the umbrella of the Vylon forces. In their time of need, the Vylon send each of the tribes new power via "Vylon Element".
"Vylon Sphere" + "Reeze, Whirlwind of Gusto" = "Daigusto Sphreez"
"Vylon Tetra" + "Gishki Noellia" = "Evigishki Tetrogre"
"Vylon Stella" + "Laval Cannon" = "Laval Stennon"
"Vylon Prism" + "Gem-Knight Crystal" = "Gem-Knight Prismaura"

War rages against the onslaught of the Steelswarm and many are lost, including "Vylon Alpha". The final battle reaches its appex when "Steelswarm Hercules" rises to end it himself. Suddenly "Vylon Omega" arrives from the Vylon Element gateway to turn the tides! Omega descends upon the field of battle to cast judgment, vaporizing all the lesser Steelswarm that draw near. The war is decided when the two leaders clash, and in the end both lie defeated.

Peace after their victory doesn't last as the other tribes soon return to fighting over their petty conflicts. The Vylon cannot understand such disunion, and the defeat of the Steelswarm is shown to have had an effect on them: during the final battle, when "Vylon Tetra" was used in a ritual by Noellia to merge into Tetrogre, the evil of the Lswarm possessing Noellia touched the hive-mind of the Vylon. The resulting madness quickly spread through the Vylon ranks, warping them in a way that the Lswarm never could physically. The Vylon resolve to exterminate the other tribes to end their on-going feuds for good and create the perfect utopia. "Vylon Stigma", "Vylon Tesseract" and "Vylon Pentachloro" join to create the seeker of absolute unity, "Vylon Disigma".

The four tribes are forced to unite once again, sharing their powers to combat this friend-turned-foe. Disigma absorbs members of the other tribes, gaining the power to defeat each one in turn and heavily damaging them. Disigma decides the fate of "Evigishki Merrowgeist", "Evigishki Gustkraken", "Lavalval Ignis", "Lavalval Dragun", "Daigusto Phoenix", and "Daigusto Falcos" in his rampage (minus "Kamui, Hope of Gusto", who Falcos aided in escaping). Only"Gem-Knight Pearl", created from the strength of the Gem-Knights and the Gishki, proves immune to Disigma's absorption ability and has the power to end the twisted angel. With the Vylon crushed, yet another threat is overcome. The true enemy is only just stirring, however, and now the Vylon are not there to oppose it...

Steelswarm
Steelswarm are demons that were sealed in the deepest abyss during the ancient times, after losing their battle for control of the world against the "Vylon". After being awaken from the chaos coming from the war between the "Gusto" and "Gishki" tribes on the land, they began to invade the surface in order to regain their lost power. The "Vylon", who were trying to stop another war that was between the "Gem-Knight" and "Laval" tribes. As their leader "Steelswarm Hercules" released his destructive shock-wave on the surface world, the light emitting from "Vylon Omega" prevented the attack of "Steelswarm Hercules", turning any "Steelswarm" it reached into smithereens and scattering them across the battle field.

Evilswarm
A crisis has struck the Duel Terminal world. Nearly all living things across the planet have been corrupted, their bodies warped, and their minds slowly seized by a desire to destroy that is so strong, it becomes impossible to interact with others. The elders of the planet linked it to ancient lore of an identical plague, and so dubbed the infection, and the infected, the "Evilswarm."

Last edited by C.C. on Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:00 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
(Emperor)Muh1

(Emperor)Muh1

Tribal Tournament Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tribal Tournament   Tribal Tournament EmptyMon Aug 26, 2013 4:07 pm

i was going to pick gishki but because this tourny is for fun i shall choose vylons
Back to top Go down
King
Administrator
King

Tribal Tournament Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tribal Tournament   Tribal Tournament EmptyMon Aug 26, 2013 8:57 pm

I'll take a crack at Gishki.
Back to top Go down
Hero
Administrator
Hero

Tribal Tournament Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tribal Tournament   Tribal Tournament EmptyMon Aug 26, 2013 9:02 pm

Gem-Knight please
Back to top Go down
darkape

darkape

Tribal Tournament Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tribal Tournament   Tribal Tournament EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 4:37 pm

cba less reading plz plz plz make it simpear
Back to top Go down
C.C.
Forum Supervisor
Forum Supervisor
C.C.

Tribal Tournament Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tribal Tournament   Tribal Tournament EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 6:14 pm

You can jsut look at the headers, take out what you find important, and read that. It's easy as well, you know ...
Back to top Go down
C.C.
Forum Supervisor
Forum Supervisor
C.C.

Tribal Tournament Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tribal Tournament   Tribal Tournament EmptyFri Aug 30, 2013 11:35 am

People, we still need members who are joining this! I cannot start with merely 3 members. Come on!
Back to top Go down
MakeshiftDuelist
Purple Chaos
MakeshiftDuelist

Tribal Tournament Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tribal Tournament   Tribal Tournament EmptyTue Sep 03, 2013 7:27 am

Steelswarms please<3
Back to top Go down
Kyoya

Kyoya

Tribal Tournament Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tribal Tournament   Tribal Tournament EmptyTue Sep 03, 2013 2:53 pm

Gusto closest thing to dragunitys XD
Back to top Go down
C.C.
Forum Supervisor
Forum Supervisor
C.C.

Tribal Tournament Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tribal Tournament   Tribal Tournament EmptyThu Sep 05, 2013 1:01 pm

Ok, both added to the list. 1 more person, and I'll kickstart this Tourney.

Back to top Go down
Kyoya

Kyoya

Tribal Tournament Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tribal Tournament   Tribal Tournament EmptyFri Sep 06, 2013 3:06 am

C.C. Your a horrible tournament manager i just want u to know that.
Back to top Go down
C.C.
Forum Supervisor
Forum Supervisor
C.C.

Tribal Tournament Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tribal Tournament   Tribal Tournament EmptyFri Sep 06, 2013 2:07 pm

Kyo. We all know this, but. I'll say it again. You suck. At it all. So shut up, and gtfo.
Back to top Go down
Hero
Administrator
Hero

Tribal Tournament Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tribal Tournament   Tribal Tournament EmptyFri Sep 06, 2013 3:54 pm

Chill, no need to fight Kyoya and C.C. Everyone has a right to opinion but, mean one should not be shared on here -.-
Back to top Go down
7371587bt

Tribal Tournament Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tribal Tournament   Tribal Tournament EmptyFri Sep 06, 2013 6:06 pm

I like the story's though. Just saying.
Back to top Go down
(Emperor)Muh1

(Emperor)Muh1

Tribal Tournament Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tribal Tournament   Tribal Tournament EmptyFri Sep 06, 2013 10:27 pm

numbers if u like the storys u should read the full duel terminal storys they go alot more then these
Back to top Go down
C.C.
Forum Supervisor
Forum Supervisor
C.C.

Tribal Tournament Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tribal Tournament   Tribal Tournament EmptyWed Sep 11, 2013 9:38 pm

All right, then. We'll kick this off, now, anyway, otherwise it'll just take too long.

- (Emperor)Muh1 / Vylon Tribe
- King / Gishki Tribe
- Hero / Gem-Knight Tribe
- Makeshiftduelist / Steelswarm
- Kyoya / Gusto

Please have your Decks ready, the first post will be put up tomorrow, so everyone can start their Dueling. Good luck!

C.C.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Tribal Tournament Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tribal Tournament   Tribal Tournament Empty

Back to top Go down

Tribal Tournament
Page 1 of 1